This Privacy Notice sets out how we use and look after the personal information we collect from you. As the organisation who is responsible for, and controls the processing of your personal data, we are the data controller, and sometimes also the data processor, and will take reasonable care to keep your information secure and to prevent any unauthorised access or use of it.
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time, and will inform you of any changes in how we handle your personal data.
1. Information we may collect from you
Personal data means any information about an individual from which that individual can be identified.
We may collect, use, store and transfer some personal data of our participants (and their parents or guardians), and other members. The data we collect from participants may include:
- Name, date of birth and gender.
- Contact information, such as home address, email address and telephone numbers.
- We may hold some health data or other special category data of some of our participants or members for the purposes of their health, wellbeing and welfare and safeguarding. Where we hold this data it will be with the explicit consent of the participant or, if applicable, the participant’s parent or guardian.
Where we need to collect personal data to fulfil our responsibilities and a participant fails to provide that data, we may not be able honour or administer their participation in football.
2. How is your personal data collected?
A participant may give us their personal data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email, in person, via our website or otherwise. This will typically be provided by a participant’s club by inputting participant details into Juventus Academy Devon Google forms, Junior Premier League or FA Whole Game System. Other participants may input their personal details into Spond.
3. How Juventus Academy Devon uses personal data
We will use personal information only for the purposes for which we have been provided with such information.
The reason we need participants’ and members’ personal data is to be able to manage the Juventus Academy Devon provided services; administer Leagues we participate in; support the local FA; to administer memberships/ subscriptions. Our lawful basis for processing personnel is that we have a contractual obligation to individuals as participants or members to provide the services of a Juventus Academy.
We have set out below a description of all the ways we plan to use your personal data, and which of the legal bases we rely on to do so. We have also identified what our legitimate interests are where appropriate.
- to respond to your enquiry
- to administer the relevant competition;
- to send information to you;
- to fulfil any contract that we may enter into with you;
- for research purposes;
- to send marketing information to you in accordance with the provisions set out below;
- to publish your views or comments on our social media, any other website operated by us or our subsidiaries or in other media.
- sending out Juventus Academy Devon information and updates;
- sharing data with coaches, to run educational courses, training sessions or enter events;
- sharing data with Juventus, leagues, county associations and other competition
- providers for entry in events
- sharing anonymised data with a funding partner as condition of grant funding, e.g. Local Authority
- publishing match and league results
- publishing club and league contact details in our annual handbook and/or App
We would like to send you marketing information, by post, e-mail, or SMS. In addition, selected third parties (including the FA, Juventus Academy Partners as shown on the Juventus.com/academy site, and other commercial partners) would like to send you marketing information, by post, e-mail, or SMS. We will only do this if you have given your consent to your personal data being used in this way (either when you submit your details to us or at a later stage). You can update your marketing preferences by emailing the county at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Sharing your personal data
Juventus Academy Devon enters participant and / or member details onto the FA Whole Game System which is administered by the FA. Participants will also add their details onto the FA Whole Game System. We pass information to the FA for affiliation and other reporting purposes.
We may share your personal data with our affiliates, suppliers and sub-contractors. We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We only permit third parties to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties if we are under a duty to comply with any legal obligation; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of our participants, members or affiliates, or others.
5. Protection of your personal data
We are committed to protecting your privacy and have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. However, the nature of the Internet is such that the data may in some circumstances flow over networks without full security measures and could be accessible to unauthorised persons.
6. Policy for children
We understand that many children will visit our website, apps, social media, but encourage all persons under 16 to consult with a parent or legal guardian before submitting any personal details and consent.
7. Data retention
We keep personal data on our participants, members and other users while they are signed up to the Juventus Academy Devon or any of our website services. We will delete this data after an individual has ended their membership or affiliation, or sooner if specifically requested and we are able to do so. We may need to retain some personal data for longer for legal or regulatory purposes.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
8. Your rights
All data subjects have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data
- Request rectification of the personal data that we hold about you.
- Request erasure of your personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it.
- Object to processing of your personal data for direct marketing, or where we are processing on the grounds of a legitimate interest of that interest is overridden by your rights and freedoms.
- Request restriction of processing of your personal data while we establish the data's accuracy, or verify an overriding interest to object to processing; where our use of the data has been unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; where you need us to hold the data to establish, exercise or defend legal claims.
- Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format.
- Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data.
- Complain at any time to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk).
9. Contact us