Policies and Procedure
COMPETITIVE PROGRAM PHILOSOPHY
The Juventus Academy (Shanghai) Competitive program is committed to develop players and coaches in a positive football environment. Our goal is to provide an opportunity for players to play at the highest level commensurate with individual ability, potential and interest. To support this goal, J-Academy Travel provides professional training and coaching at all age levels, along with a myriad of programs designed to maximize player potential, character and sportsmanship.
J-Academy will hold tryouts for every age level during the football season. All players must tryout according to their birth year. These tryouts are designed to evaluate players and ensure that they are placed on the appropriate roster. Roster decisions will be made by the Director of Coaching and the J-Academy professional coaching staff. J-Academy players are continuously evaluated during the course of the football season. If deemed in the best interest of the player, the DOC may transfer a player midseason to a higher level team.
Team assignments are made by the Director of Coaching and the J-Academy professional coaches and are based upon skill level and capabilities. The Club reserves the right to assign individual players to teams that are not age appropriate, but better fit with the player’s skill level and capabilities. The Club also reserves the right to assign players to teams to ensure that there are enough players to field a team at a particular age group, as long as the assignment does not negatively impact the player’s development.
J-Academy competitive program teams will play in local league in Shanghai every Saturday or Sunday.
Every team is expected to participate in tournaments each football year. Selection of the tournaments will be done by the Director of Coaching and will be based upon team development needs, variety of competition, etc.
Entry fees, as well as trainers’ fees, accommodations, and travel expenses will be the sole responsibility of the participating team. The cost is divided by the players that have committed to attend and therefore once committed the fee is payable and non-refundable. All tournament fees, must be processed through the club office.
Juventus Academy (Shanghai) does not have a policy on equal playing time for all players on a team. Playing time is determined by several factors including: attendance at practices and games; attitude at practices and games; and playing ability. However, J-Academy encourages all coaches to substitute so that all registered players have some playing time.
PRACTICE & ATTENDANCE
Training is mandatory. Both team coaches must be notified and approve ahead of time.
Juventus Academy (Shanghai) strives to project a professional image both on and off the field. The J-Academy uniform plays an integral part in the projection of academy identity by instilling a sense of team pride and community within the organization. Players are required to wear only the prescribed uniform components to games and practices. The full kit is mandatory for all players.
Grievances or complaints about team matters should be directed to the coach and, if possible, resolved at the team level. If the matter cannot be resolved at the team level, the coach should present the grievance or complaint to the Director of Coaching. Grievances or complaints about the coach should be communicated directly to the Director of Coaching. All grievances or complaints given to the Director of Coaching will be reviewed with the Executive Director. The Executive Director has the authority to resolve the matter, make a recommendation to the Board, or refer the matter to the Board.
All grievances and complaints should be resolved in accordance with J-Academy rules, policies and procedures. If no clearly applicable rules, policies, or procedures exist, the Board of Directors will make the final determination.
ACADEMY FEES AND FINANCIAL POLICIES
Fees for participation in the academy cover the entire football year (fall, winter, and spring). A player who accepts an invitation to play with the academy commits to pay the entire fee for the full football year. No refunds, partial or full, will be issued to players who choose not to participate for any reason at any point after the commitment is made. No refunds, partial or full will be made in the event a player is suspended or removed from the program.
Failure to pay fees on time will result in the player being suspended from play for all practices, games and tournaments. Upon receipt of payment, including any late fees the player will be reinstated. The player is considered illegible for play until all financial issues are resolved.
Juventus Academy Shanghai will seek additional ways to raise funds to help defray the cost of the program, and is open to suggestions. Suggestions should be forwarded to the Board for review. No individual team shall fundraise without the approval of the Juventus Academy (Shanghai) Board of Directors. In addition, no teams are allowed to seek donations from current Club vendors and marketing partners.
Every parent and player consents to a code of conduct agreement and all club policies upon accepting an invite to join the club. This Parent/Player agreement sets out expectations relative to behavior, sportsmanship, and conduct as a member of Juventus Academy. By signing the document, the parent/player agrees to honor this agreement. Violations of the agreement may result in sanctions imposed on the offending member. These sanctions may include, but are not limited to: reprimand; suspension from the team and club activities and facilities; and in extreme cases, expulsion from the club. No refunds, partial or full will be made in the event a player is suspended or removed from the program.
All parents are responsible for the supervision of their children. For those situations where the parent cannot be present, the parent must ensure that the child is supervised by another family attending the same event. No children should be left at an event unsupervised. Any situation where a child is at an event unsupervised must be immediately reported to the club office.
Recruiting Practices and Poaching
By accepting an invitation to join the Club, the player commits to playing in the Club for the entire football year. Any player or parent found to be actively recruiting Juventus Academy players to transfer to another football organization will be suspended for a minimum of one year and may be further disciplined by the Board of Directors. In instances where a parent is directly involved, and has more than one player in the Club, the suspension will be extended to include all other family members.
Parents are expected to maintain a positive sportsmanship approach towards all players, officials, coaches, and other families before, during, and after a game. Verbal or physical assaults on referees, players, coaches or other parents will not be tolerated and will be cause for suspension. In addition, it is important that parents avoid attempting to help coach players from the sideline. League rules require that coaches be located in the bench area during the course of a game. Teams that are deemed to be breaking this rule may be subjected to a penalty. By observing this rule, the parents also reduce potential confusion created when players receive instructions from multiple sources. Allowing the coaches to be the sole source of instruction during a game ensures that the potential for player confusion is reduced. Behavior by the parent or player in contravention to the player/parent agreement and/or deemed inappropriate by the Board will result in disciplinary action.
Guest Playing & Non-Sanctioned Event Participation
Juventus Academy Shanghai is dedicated in providing a complete and comprehensive developmental program for each individual player. The academy does not permit player participation in non-Juventus Academy football events. Guest playing or training for any other football organization for players is not permitted. Training with trainers from other clubs is also not permitted. A player commits to Juventus Academy Shanghai for the football year which is September 1 to June 15th.
Behavior by the parent or player in contravention to the player/parent agreement and/or deemed inappropriate by the Competitive Program Committee of the Juventus Academy Shanghai Directors will result in disciplinary action which may include but is not limited to the following:
- Issue a letter of reprimand
- Place on probation with such special conditions as are deemed appropriate
- Suspend for a definite period of time not to exceed one (1) year from the date of the offense.
Disciplinary action may be extended to include all family members.
If the Executive Board finds the conduct of any player/parent purposely ignores the Ela Soccer Club Rules, Regulations or is detrimental to the objectives of the club, it may suspend the member, or take such other sanctions or actions deemed necessary under the circumstances.
Participation in football and physical activities come certain understanding of risk to the participant. The parents or legal guardians of the participant understands and agrees that Juventus Academy Shanghai will not be liable for any accidents or injuries. JAcademy Shanghai management must be informed in advance about potential critical health situation. It’s strongly recommended an under stress electrocardiogram before starting the football season.
The parents or legal guardians of participant understand, agree and authorize coaches and staff of JAcademy Shanghai to seek medical treatment for the participant in event of injury that requires medical attention. If further attention beyond the capabilities of coaches and staff is required, the legal guardian or parent understand and agree that the participant will be escorted to a medical facility to JAcademy Shanghai’s own discretion.
All players MUST have a medical insurance before joining
PROTECTION AND PRIVACY POLICIES
We reserve the right to take photographs of participants in our activities and use them for relevant promotional purposes. If you do not wish your child to be part of this, please let us know in writing at the time of registration.
Players’ information will remain confidential throughout the football year.
**PARENT'S COMMUNICATION POLICY
** Communication Philosophy **
- Positive and pro-active communication at the origin of concern is critical to maintain a positive working relationship between parents and JAS management members, which is in the best interest of every Player.
- All communication between Juventus Academy Shanghai (JAS) parent and Juventus Academy Shanghai staff or Management member should be civil and respectful. If the Academy receives a communication (in person or electronically) that the administration deems inappropriate and/or threatening, the academy reserves the right to request a redirected communication or to restrict communications accordingly (this may include limiting physical and/or electronic access to academy staff).
General Academy Questions
- For general questions send an email to email@example.com Parents may expect a response within one business day/ within 48 hours.
- Parent might also call Juventus Office during working hours:
- Tel: +86 021 6450 6156/ 6450 6256
- Juventus Academy Shanghai Bylaws, Policies and Rules: The academy by laws, policies and rules are available to academy members on the Academy website.
- Team Communication: The Academy administrator will maintain distribution lists for various groups within the Academy. Regular communication occurs within these groups. The groups are kept up to date on such things as equipment requirements, registration updates, tryout information, roster updates, league rules and updates, meetings, etc.
*Conflict Resolution Process *
In the event of a conflict with a coach or a JAS staff member or if a parent has questions or concerns pertaining to practices, academic programs or their children, the parent should:
1) Discuss with the JAS football manager (who will include the team coach as well).
2) If the issue cannot be resolved, the parent should next discuss the issue with the JAS GM, who may, if appropriate, mediate a discussion between the parties in conflict.
Communication groups (Wechat):
- *Juventus Academy Shanghai has communication groups for training, league games, and tournaments etc, to send notifications and necessary information. *
- *Those groups are for training and game communication purposes only. *
- For players’ personal matters contact the JAS admin privately.
- Positive communication is encouraged: negative criticism is prohibited in all groups.
- *JAS admin has the right to remove any member from the group if the policies are not followed through. *
- For feedback or complaints, parents must send an official Email to Juventus Academy Shanghai.
** SIDELINE AND PARENTAL BEHAVIOUR**
Juventus Academy Shanghai strives to promote fair play, sportsmanship and strength of character. The game belongs to the players and as parents and coaches we set the example.
· Let the Coaches COACH
· Make only POSITIVE comments from the sideline
· RESPECT the referees decision
· Show good SPORTSMANSHIP
· ENJOY cheering for your child and team
Sideline Coaching – Let the coaches’ coach
Allow the coaches to manage the players and refrain from offering additional instruction during games or practices. Spectator direction and instructions from the sideline to the players on the field is counterproductive to player development. A critical part of the player development process is to provide players with the tools to make decisions for themselves during games. The games are the player’s time to make their own decisions with the help and guidance of their coaches.
Sideline Criticism and Sportsmanship
Enjoy cheering for your child. Positive cheering is encouraged however negative remarks about any players performance during games is not tolerated. Treat all players, opponents, parents, officials, and coaches with courtesy, respect, and good sportsmanship. Avoid criticizing players, teammates, coaches, organization, or opponents in public. Always remember, parents set the example for players and represent the club
Respect the referees’ decision
Always respect league officials. Criticizing the referees’ decision is counterproductive. While you may not agree, refrain from criticizing the referees’ decision. Any concerns about the referee’s individual or overall performances must be directed to the Coach or to the Director of Coaching at the appropriate time who will follow up through the appropriate channels. Parents are not to address any league officials directly.
Approaching the Coach on game day
Parents must remain on the spectator’s side of the field for the duration for the game and are not allowed to approach the coach during the game. Parents must respect the need for a cooling off period immediately after games and not attempt to offer critiques to coaches until sufficient time has passed. All critiques will be approached in an adult, positive way and not in front of youth players.
Behavior by the parent deemed inappropriate by the Board will result in disciplinary action.
As a Juventus Academy (Shanghai) player, the player agrees to:
- Represent Juventus Academy with values and principles of the highest standard both on and off the field.
- Refrain from behavior that causes public embarrassment or that brings the Academy into disrepute
- Refrain from using foul language, alcohol, nicotine or illegal drugs of any kind. I will immediately report use by minors at an Academy event to the coaches and staff members.
- Treat all teammates, opponents, parents, officials, and coaches with courtesy, respect, and good sportsmanship.
- I will not bully or haze any teammate or other person involved with Academy. I will report any bullying or hazing to the coaches or staff members.
- Honor all commitments as required by Juventus Academy and commit to being on time for all academy functions.
- Attend all Juventus Football Academy training and games as required. Player understands that non-attendance without providing sufficient cause and notice may result in the forfeiture of the player’s place within the team.
- Wear and maintain proper academy training and game uniform. Player understands that they are required to wear official Juventus Academy uniform at all sessions.
- Participate exclusively with Juventus Academy (Shanghai) for the entire football year and to not participate in any non-sanctioned training session or football event for the duration of this agreement without the written approval of the Director of Coaching.
- Notify the Director of Coaching if a member of another club’s coaching staff or other club representative approaches them for purposes of recruitment.
- Commit to not recruit Juventus players to transfer to another football organization.
- Accept that the club reserves the right to move players between teams.
- Commit to supporting Juventus Academy (Shanghai) in activities that directly benefit the academy.
As a parent and/or guardian of a Juventus Academy (Shanghai) player, the parent agrees to:
- Ensure that the player abides by the Player agreement.
- Support the player in a positive manner.
- Allow the coaches to manage the players and refrain from offering additional instruction during games or practices.
- Treat all players, opponents, parents, officials, and coaches with courtesy, respect, and good sportsmanship.
- Refrain from behavior that causes public embarrassment or that brings the club into disrepute.
- Refrain from using foul language, alcohol, tobacco or illegal drugs of any kind at club events.
- Respect the need for a cooling off period immediately after games and not attempt to offer critiques to coaches until sufficient time has passed (at minimum 24 hours). All critiques will be approached in an adult, positive way and not occur in front of youth players.
- Accept that any parent or guardian that is removed from a game by an official will result in automatic suspension for a minimum of 2 games by the club. Any subsequent removals will result in further suspension as determined by the Executive Board.
- Participate exclusively with Juvntus Academy (Shanghai) for the entire football year and to not participate in any non-sanctioned training session or soccer event for the duration of this agreement without the written approval of the Director of Coaching.
- Commit to not recruit Juvnetus (Shanghai) players to transfer to another football organization or non Juventus Football trainer.
- Accept any parent or player found recruiting Juventus (Shanghai) players will be suspended for a minimum of one year and may be further disciplined by the Executive Board. In instances where a parent is directly involved, and has more than one player in the Club, the suspension will be extended to include all other family members.
- Pay all Juventus Academy (Shanghai) football fees in full. Accept that all fees are non-refundable and non-transferable and also accept that late fees will be assessed when payment does not occur in a timely manner. Parent/guardian agrees that they have read and agree to the refund policy and all financial terms and conditions.
- Accept that the club reserves the right to move players between teams.
- Provide transportation to and from all football events and ensure the player is prompt in arrival and departure.
- Respect the rules of the facilities and accept that pets are not allowed at any club event.
- Ensure that the player is properly equipped for participation in all football activities.
- Support Juventus Academy fundraising activities in ways that help make the activities a success.
- The use of any photos, films, videos or sketches taken of the player or other family members during an Juventus Academy football activity for publicity, advertising, promotional, and/or educational purposes including, but not limited to, news releases, publications, videos and publication to the World Wide Web as well as in joint promotions with Juventus Academy Marketing Partners.
- Review and accept all Juventus Academy (Shanghai) policies.
Behavior by the parent or player in contravention to the player/parent agreement and/or deemed inappropriate by the Competitive Program Committee of the Juventus Academy (Shanghai) Board of Directors will result in disciplinary action which may include but is not limited to the following:
1. Issue a letter of reprimand
2. Place on probation with such special conditions as are deemed appropriate
3. Suspend for a definite period of time not to exceed one (1) year from the date of the offense
Disciplinary action may be extended to include all family members.
If the Executive Board finds the conduct of any player/parent purposely ignores the Juventus Academy (Shanghai) Rules, Regulations or is detrimental to the objectives of the Academy, it may suspend the member, or take such other sanctions or actions deemed necessary under the circumstances.
Upon registration the parents, guardians, players accept the agreement terms and conditions.
REFUND AND INDEMNIFICATION**
The parents or legal guardians understand and agree to completely indemnify JAcademy Shanghai for any expenses or liabilities as a result of any injury or any other loss to the participant including the costs of emergency services.
The parents or legal guardians understand and agree that JAcademy Shanghai, its representatives, volunteers, and sponsors will not be held responsible to any theft, any actions, or any damages or destruction of property.
WITHDRAWAL FROM PROGRAM, REFUNDS, AND CREDIT NOTES
If a class is missed due to sickness or any other reason, no refund or credit note will be issued, and make up lessons cannot be arranged for absentees. No Refunds will be giving if a player is relocating out of Shanghai during the season.
Refunds will not be issued in the case of quarantines, epidemics, or any force majeure situation.
CANCELLATION OF CLASSES
We reserve the right to cancel classes due to unforeseen circumstances.
No refunds will be given in the case of cancellation due to unexpected situations e.g. stormy weather, High pollution (bad air quality), however, make up session will be given during the season if possible
CANCELLATION OF CLASSES
We reserve the right to cancel classes due to unforeseen circumstances.
Classes will only be stopped for extreme or dangerous weather conditions such as electrical storms and typhoons. Please note that it is the responsibility of every member to check the weather app. The JAcademy Shanghai team will inform 2 hours before you if there is a cancellation via wechat messages or Email.
Air Quality policies
Classes will only be stopped for extreme or dangerous weather conditions such as high pollution (175+ AQI). Classes will be stopped once the Air Quality Index exceeds 175 or PM2 over 100 and is predicted to continue. This will be based upon measurements published by the nearest reading station following this website: http://aqicn.org/city/shanghai. If the AQI is above 175 or PM2 over 100, 2 hours before the scheduled start time, the session will NOT go ahead. If an event has already begun and the AQI rises beyond this limit, then it will continue until the end. All coaches will be instructed to modify their activities to be less aerobic until completion of the program. Please note that it is the responsibility of every member to check the website. The JAcademy Shanghai team will inform 2 hours before you if there is a cancellation via WeChat messages or Email.
Provided by SHANGHAI HANQU SPORT DEVELOPMENT CO. LTD. (上海瀚趣体育发展有限公司)